I look forward to sharing my stories with everyone soon! There are some interesting stories from this trip I can't wait to share, such as:
- Getting reported and questioned about smuggling something out of North Korea.
- Hitchhiking in areas with rebel attacks within the past couple of decades.
- Being involved in a road accident in Laos and having to take bloodied people with broken bones and twisted limbs going into shock to a clinic.
- Getting stuck in the middle of nowhere and being invited to sleep in the tribe of some kids I befriended on the side of the road using my terrible French and charade skills, and finding out I was the first outsider visitor the kids had met.
- Visiting areas recently devastated by a tsumani and feeling the impact it had on the community.
- Hanging out and drinking kava from bowls made from old fishing floats with locals while their kids slept on straw mats beside us.
- Riding a bicycle through downpours through jungle roads with ancient ruins all around.
- Swimming over a dark bottomless hole to gurgling sounds in a cave filled with the clearest water I have ever seen.
... so many memories, and I've barely scratched the surface!